The company highly recognizes your right to privacy and aim to meet with the requirements of all relevant privacy and data protection laws, principally the Data Privacy Act of 2012 (DPA). In connection with National Privacy Commission (NPC), we also look for ways on how to maintain the consistency between your personal data and expansive information, particularly when seeking our legitimate interests and and appropriately conduct our function as food manufacturing company, contracting party and employer.
In this Policy, the term 'personal data' is a combined name for personal information, sensitive personal information and privilege information. The first two is normally used to specifically identify you. For their specific definitions, you may refer to actual documentation of DPA.
Information We Collect
We obtain your personal data in the forms of written documented information, photographic/ video images, digital material and even biometric records.
- PRIOR TO EMPLOYMENT
Upon applying for a particular position within the Company, or if we pursue you for a specific job, we request for your personal data through Employment Application Form (EAF). We also ask you to provide your resume, Transcript of Records, and details about your professional license, if any. During initial screening, we may gather supporting information, including results from your interview and/or those acquired form your stated professional references.
- UPON GRANTING OF EMPLOYMENT OFFER
Once you accept employment offer and agree to the terms of proposed engagement, another set of personal data/ requirements shall be collected including, but not limited to the following:
- PSA Marriage Contract;
- PSA Birth Certificate;
- NBI/ Police/ Barangay Clearance;
- Medical Certificate/ Fit to Work Clearance;
- Certificate of Employment;
- SSS ID or E1 or E4;
- Pag-IBIG Member's Data Form and/or ID;
- Pag-IBIG Member's Change in Info Form (MCIF);
- Philhealth MDR or ID;
- Philhealth Member Registration Form;
- TIN ID or BIR Form 1902 (with stamp) & 2316 and;
- Bank account details
- DURING EMPLOYMENT
After joining the Company, we may also collect additional information about you, including your Annual Physical Examination results, and other data that may be used in performance evaluation, in administrative and disciplinary cases. There will be instances when we will gather other forms of data like pictures, still images or videos of activities you participate in, via official documentation of such activities, or through recordings from CCTV cameras installed within the company.
How We Use Your Information
We use your personal data in order to address our legitimate interests as food manufacturing company, employer and/or contracting party. Listed below the following information we may use for purposes such as:
- Identifying and processing of applicant(s) respective application;
- Assessing the suitability of job candidates for a specific role or position;
- Evaluating submitted information;
- Background investigation;
- Assessing academic qualifications;
- Administering compensation, payroll, pension, and other legal employment functions;
- Carrying out HR related processes like performance management and disciplinary issues;
- Other similar or related tasks
How we Share, Disclose, or Transfer Your Information
We may grant permission to share, disclose, or transfer your personal information to other individuals or organizations in order to seek our legitimate interests as food manufacturing company, employer, and/or contracting party. We may share, disclose, or transfer your personal data due to the following purposes such as:
- Submission of personal data to government agencies such as the Social Security System (SSS), Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth), Pag-IBIG and Bureau of Internal Revenue (BIR), for the provision of employment benefits mandated by law;
- Partaking of necessary information to contracted providers like banks, and other similar organizations, in relation to any loan applications;
- Disclosure of your personal data related to Employment Termination, Employees Compensation Report to the Department of Labor and Employment as part of the Company's reportorial responsibilities;
- Other purposes permitted or required by law
How We Store and Retain Your Information
Access to your personal data is limited to company personnel who have legitimate interest in them for the intention of carrying out their duties. We give assurance that our use of your personal information will not be excessive and shall be limited to that which is necessary to achieve the objective of their collection, and/or when permitted by law.
Three (3) years from the day of your separation from the Company or the termination of your employment, after which your employment hardcopy and softcopy records such as 201 file shall be shredded and deleted. These excludes declared government records that have authorized retention period.
- JOB APPLICANTS
Personal data record retains only for 1 month after pooling purposes, then they are disposed of in a secure and safe manner, if not used within the said period.
Your Rights with Respect to Your Personal Data
We acknowledge your rights with respect to your personal data, as provided under the Data Privacy Act of 2012. If you prefer to exercise any of your rights, or should you have any concern, you may contact Big 'E' Food Corporation at:
Questions & Complaints: email@example.com
Landline: (02) 8-983-9417 to 19 local 121
Address: 91 Sampaloc St., Libtong, Meycauayan, Bulacan, Philippines